Mission and Core Values
Our mission at Tides of Mind Counseling is to provide quality, inclusive and accessible mental health care.
We aim to create a safe and supportive space for healing and growth to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities.
- Respect – We believe in respecting the culture and values of the people and families we serve. We emphasize and promote diversity in our ideas, our workforce, and the services/supports provided through the mental health system.
- Integrity – We strive to act in an ethical, trustworthy, and transparent manner every day. We honor our responsibility to provide services based on best practices, safeguards and professional codes of conduct.
- Commitment – We are committed to the people we serve, our vision and mission, our team, and the community at large. We are committed to assisting people in improving their mental health, quality of life, and connection to the community of their choosing.
- Collaboration – Through open communication, we continuously build relationships and partnerships with the people and families we serve, communities, governmental/ nongovernmental entities and other service providers to meet the needs of our clients and their families.
- Supportive Work Culture – We strive to cultivate a dedicated, supportive and cohesive team that is willing to learn from each other as well as individually contribute to our collective growth. We also emphasize the continued education and development of all of our staff to provide the best client-centered care possible.
- Innovation – We believe it is important to embrace innovative ideas and change to improve mental health care. We seek dynamic and innovative ways to provide evidence-based services/supports and strive to find creative solutions to inspire and help clients reach their goals.
- Self-Care – We value supporting ourselves and our staff through adequate and routine self-care practice. We acknowledge that we are more resilient professionals and better able to provide top-quality services to our clients when we are feeling our best both physically and emotionally.